This was the first time that #KanganaRanaut was interviewing someone and I would say she nailed it. I can only imagine the pressure she had to hold conversation on such serious topics with #Sadhguru. But as always Kangana was unabashedly herself and never shied away from asking the tough, political and possibly problematic questions. Through the whole conversation I realised how spiritual Kangana actually is. It was a profound and truly enlightening experience. – @pallavimanoj, Bollywood blogger 🙂 If you’re a Bollywood junkie then don’t forget to follow @missmalinibollywood for your filmy fix! ✨📹 . . . . . #KanganaRanaut #InConversationWithTheMystic #Interview #IshaFoundation #Sadhguru
I happened to be one of the few lucky ones to have attended the event, In Conversation With The Mystic where Kangana Ranaut was seen interviewing Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, an Indian yogi and as the title of the event suggests a mystic. I had no idea what to expect from the event, but I was intrigued for sure. What does people who were entirely from different walks of life talk about? But a few serious interviews of Kangana that I’d seen had prepared me for the fact that she was quite spiritual herself. While it may have been the first time Kangana was interviewing someone, her questions were profound and socially relevant. Like the queen (and #Kween) that she is, she did not try and mince words. She was candid, honest and most certainly spiritual. She questioned our society at large, peoples mindset and the role of spirituality in all of this. There were a lot of moments that were noteworthy for the ‘I know right?’ moments or the ‘oh no she didn’t!’ ones.
In case you missed the chat, here’s a rundown of all the truth bombs and insightful thoughts Kangana at the event.
Here we go.
Talking about Sadhguru she said,
1. When I first heard about you many years ago, I rolled my eyes and muttered something about ‘Oh guru types’
She also talked about how she got to know the guru a little deeper only when she read his book.
2. Honestly, if it wasn’t a New York best seller book, I wouldn’t have read your book. What is it about the western stem that we can’t do without? There are so many books unless Americans don’t approve of it, it just doesn’t make sense for us.
She further questioned Sadhguru’s notion about Karma as well,
3. If somebody rubs you the wrong way the only thing that we heard from our mothers/elders is, ‘Woh bhagwaan dekh raha hai’ – What? Where has it got us?
Some casual truth bombs being dropped by Kangana.
4. When you’re in a beautiful city (outside India) and when you’re with Indian friends, you’re always cursing India.
5. More money you’ve got, you can literally get away with anything, that’s not the best way to go forward.
Unity in diversity, but would this turn into a civil war between the people
6. Differences are beautiful. Whether it is languages, religion, food… how a man is different from a woman.
She even went on to reveal a small scene from her upcoming movie, Manikarnika as well.
7. There is a scene in my upcoming movie where the character saves a calf, but my crew had a whole discussion saying she can’t save a calf, it has to be a lamb. Because we don’t want to look like calf savers.
Even talked about a ‘you can’t sit with us’ moment
8. These liberals won’t take you in their group unless you hate the same people they do.
She even sided with Deepika Padukone on the Padmaavat conversation!
9. I’m a Rajput myself and when the whole padmaavat episode took place and talks about cutting one of my contemporaries nose took place, I was embarrased.
This is one of my favouite quotes of Kangana from the event.
10. Criminals cannot be associated with religion
Woah, right? How woke is Kangana Ranaut! We love you! Keep shining.
The post 10 Kickass Things That Kangana Ranaut Said During Her Conversation With The Mystic Sadhguru is copyright of MissMalini.