After Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra was the first actress to be brought onto the cast of Bharat followed by Tabu and Disha Patani. The movie has had a fair share of buzz around it so far, adding to it is the news about Priyanka exiting the film after her hush-hush engagement with Nick Jonas. Apparently, the couple got engaged during PeeCee’s birthday celebrations and the actress was in talks with the makers about dropping out of the film ever since. Ali Abbas Zafar took to Twitter to share the news.
Have a look
Yes Priyanka Chopra is no more part of @Bharat_TheFilm & and the reason is very very special , she told us in the Nick of time about her decision and we are very happy for her … Team Bharat wishes @priyankachopra loads of love & happiness for life
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) July 27, 2018
While the director shared the news with a congratulatory tone, seems like the CEO of Atul Agnihotri‘s Reel Life Productions, Nikhil Namit isn’t too happy about the last minute decision. Here’s what he told Mid-day:
Priyanka told us that she had to exit due to her engagement, two days ago. It was a little unprofessional of her to do it so suddenly.
A source close to Bharat said:
Priyanka had been in talks with the Bharat team over the past two weeks about how she may have to opt out for personal reasons. Sensing Priyanka’s iffy attitude, Salman initiated talks with Katrina during their Dabangg Reloaded Tour in the US. Other names – including Jacqueline- are also being tossed around. But Katrina is likely to give her nod as soon as she returns from London.
It’s only a matter of time before the team announces the leading lady of the film.
The post Priyanka Chopra Dropping Out Suddenly Was “Unprofessional” Says ‘Bharat’ Producer is copyright of MissMalini.